Sunday, December 20, 2009

If At First You Don't Suceed....


3,000+ of the hottest most sought after online products, only $9.95
The Money Fish





Every failure is a step to success.

- William Whewell


My Grandmother used to irritate me as a child when I would get frustrated and want to quit. She would always say .. "If at first you don't succeed, try try again." I do not know where that quote comes from, but as a child, I would have loved to kick them in the knee. Now, older and wiser, I see what my grandmother tried so hard to teach me. Success that comes easy is not nearly as valued as that success which eludes us for a time but then we overcome and achieve.

There is deep satisfaction in rising to a challenge and discover that you can overcome an obstacle or learn something that seemed out of reach. The things I have gained easily in life are treated more with an easy come.. easy go mentality. We see that in marriages today. Little effort is made to save them. The road gets hard and the two part paths. One cannot help but wonder how different our country would be today if people figured out how to work and live together.

Do not count your failures, count your steps to success. Each painful step, each back breaking lesson, each heartbreaking loss makes the victory just that much sweeter.

Have A Prosperous and Balanced Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment