Sunday, August 30, 2009

Life is Like a Pizza!

No, Really, it is.



First, for a happy life, you have to enough "slices" of variety to make up a life of balance and success. And just like a pizze, each of us have a preference as to what is on those slices. For me, my slices are my online career and friends, my counseling work, my family, my personal well-being, my education and my spiritual life.

An unbalanced pizza brings complaints. A pizza without the right combination of toppings is not appealing. So it is with life. Why do people add things to their life things they really hate doing and are not actually a "must?" Like saying yes when they want to say no? For me, that is like putting anchovies on my pizza. I do not want it! I will not eat it and I definitly will not enjoy it. Yet people do this every day. Add things to their life that they do not want and then .. they... complain about it? That is like you putting anchovies on your pizza personally, baking it and then whining that you can't eat it? How does that make sense?

That is the cool thing about life though. We decide how many slices will make us happy and in balance. We get to decide each day if we are putting extra cheese on that slice we are working with. And best of all, we decide what the basic recipe is.



So for those of you whining about the slices of pizza on your plate of life, why are you making it that way? Or worse, why are you letting someone else decide what goes on your pizza? Make the decision of how many slices is the best for you. Make the decision on what the basic recipe is for each slice. Then, each and every day, not only will you enjoy your day, but you can decide if it is time for a little dessert pizza to reward yourself!

Have a prosperous day!
Cheryl Matthynssens
The Balance Guide
(never let me eat pizza when blogging.. see what happens?)

No comments:

Post a Comment